Wednesday, March 14, 2007

EGADS!!!!

And what madness is this you ask? Was I so overcome by the generosity of my friend Nichole's birthday package of chocolate and literature and brilliant poetic commentary that I couldn't resist the urge to ravenously attack said package with my teeth??

Oh no, twas not me nor my dear hubby (he's out of town and so has been eliminated as a suspect)...I opened up the neatly wrapped package which had traveled all the way from Pareeeee only to find that SOMEONE had taken extreme liberties with my chocolate...an entire toblerone was missing. half the lindt milk chocolate bar had been eaten. and that SOMEONE in their patriotic haste to assure that the chocolate was not anthrax or a bomb CHOMPED THROUGH THE PACKAGING OF THE 70% COCAO DARK CHCOCLATE BAR (and took out some of the letter and a bit of the book while they were at it).

Some have suggested that perhaps a rat or a dog got at the chocolate. I worked on a farm in Arkansas where rats attacked my chickens...I've seen how they bite. They nibble, they gnaw. They do NOT leave behind perfectly formed HUMAN BITE MARKS where you can see the imprint of bicuspids. And they also do not REWRAP their prey.

Luckily, the dark chocolate with raspberry was relatively untouched. There is some justice in this world. And I suppose there are worse things in the world than unwittingly sharing Parisian chocolate with customs officials. At least they sent along their leftovers...

Peace and Love,
J&J

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

respect! ;-)

7:46 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

ouch. thats chocolate abuse! i'm sorry for your loss :(

3:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

caught up on some blog action. good work. def understand needing your own space. cant wait to visit.

4:35 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

did you eat the chocolate? you are very brave!!! all I know is that it wasn't me!!!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Mandie said...

I'm so sorry!

Luckily you had a wonderful party to make up for it!

Love ya!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home