Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Party in Kolkata!

My darling husband threw me his first EVER surprise birthday party and did a smashing job--brought together the handful of friends we've collected during our first month here, domino's pizza (which tastes really really really good here), garlic bread, chocolate cake...and they garlanded the apartment with jasmine and marigold in true kolkata fashion.
My little sis Emma picked out a very special birthday present for me--I don't know WHERE she got the idea that I needed something like that:-) Although it did come in handy for sharing everyone else's cake.
I'm not quite sure why Joanna looks so distressed, but the party really was awesome...
Even though I'm practically a member of the AARP, I did manage to blow out my candle.
Bridget was very impressed with Josh's party-arranging skills.
Anindo-da's daughter thinks we're all a little crazy, but seems to enjoy our attempts at Bangla. And she loved the chocolate cake. Smart kid.

Anindo-da aka The Facilitator. He sits with Josh and helps us schmooze with artists and musicians and writers from all over Kolkata.
Anindo-da's wife, who is also our cooking guru. This weekend we tackle egg curry. Yummm....
Josh basking in the afterglow of a good party.
Emma definately took advantage of the party to rock out.
Some of my glorious birthday flowers. Our Bengali neighbor said it looked like we'd hosted a wedding:-)
The apartment still smells amazing and decadent with all of the flowers and we're still living off the leftover pizza:-) A totally quality way to celebrate 27 years of living...

Much peace and love,
J&J

P.S. Next blog: a tour of our neighborhood--vegetable vendor, krishna sweet shop, the fish merchant and more...

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

happy birthday!! i love you <3

3:30 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

Sounds like the only thing missing was a fresh loaf of challah.

Happy b-day.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

good job josh!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home